- To develop location and crop/commodity specific post harvest technologies for minimization of quantitative and qualitative losses to produce in agriculture and allied sectors.
- To adapt and develop improved post harvest processes and equipments for value addition to food grains and other produce at rural threshold for higher income and generation of rural employment.
- To develop processes and equipments for economic utilization on bio-wastes and byproducts.
- To conduct operational research and multi-location trials on developed technologies to identify technical, financial, managerial and social constraints for better market acceptability to technologies.
- To establish need based Agro Processing Centres to assure better economic returns to the farmers from their marketable surpluses.
- To assess, refine and transfer proven technologies.